Friday, May 5, 2017

Aspirant to Candidacy.

For those of you who know me, you may have noticed that I have gotten rid of my Facebook account for the foreseeable future.   This summer is one of immense spiritual importance to me and I don't find Facebook to be a conducive environment for that sort of growth.   I'll still be blogging.   I may even be blogging more than normal.  What I will be doing the most though, is embracing Jesus in the Sacraments in search of His will in my life.  This is the year that my brothers and I in the Diaconate class of 2020 will be interviewed to determine if we will move forth from being an Aspirant to Ordination, to being a Candidate.  It's not something to take likely.  It's not something to rush.   It's not something to be flippant about.  It's serious.

I need to spend some real time with Christ.   Some time trying to determine exactly what He wants from me and if I am ready to make the commitment.  I believe I am.   Everything in my being tells me this is the calling that He has for me.  I don't have aspirations of being a Priest some day, but rather would still be seeking this Diaconate calling even if I were not married.   Being married though, makes this decision even more important to get right.  Marriage will always be my primary vocation.  My duty is to get my wife to Heaven, and to raise our kids as well as we can.  That comes first.  Even over Holy Orders.

So I will be spending my summer learning more.   Rereading some books, and reading some others for the first time.  Working on my own book that I have let go to the wayside.   Memorizing scripture as much as this poor brain of mine can handle.  Going to daily Mass frequently and Confession often.   I need those graces.  I also need your prayers.  Those who know me, know where to find me.  If someone contacts me it may be some time before I get back to them, but know that as soon as I see the message I'll try to reach out.

His servant and yours,
Brian Mullins

"He must increase, I must decrease."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here if you do not have a Facebook account