Friday, July 1, 2011

Get out of the way!

As I was sitting in Adoration, my mind began to dwell on a particular verse. 1 John 1:5 - This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. The shadows being formed at my feet kept bringing my thoughts and prayers back to this simple verse and concept.

I noticed that if I sat directly below one of the lights, both of my legs cast a separate shadow. Two legs, two shadows. Much like when we are in a relationship with someone, each person casts a separate shadow. Even though the light of God may be present in one or both of their lives, they are still living apart from one another. They aren't allowing God to transform their lives.

Then I noticed that if I sat between two of the lights, the shadows instead combined. Even though there were two legs, because there was light all around me there was only one shadow. As my friend Laci says, it takes three to make two into one. The bible tells us that when we get married two become one. If we allow the light of God to surround both of us, not just one or the other, not just sometimes, but every moment of our lives; we no longer cast two separate shadows. Instead we are one person in God, and we only have one shadow.

Then God said to me, this is not all I want you to learn from this. He said for me to get out of the way. I was kind of floored to be honest. Instead of getting upset or ignoring that thought in my mind, I instead began to wonder how I was in the way. Then it hit me. Shadows are only cast when something is blocking the light. All of us have to get out of the way of God's light, and stop putting ourselves in the way of Him. If we all step back and let God guide us, allow His light to not only surround us, but to fill us to the top, then there won't be any shadow at all. Only light. We will shine with the light of God.
That's my prayer for today. That God will continue to help me get out of the way. To allow Him to mold me into what He wants me to be, till when people look at me they don't see me at all... all they see is the light of the universe, Jesus Christ.





In Christ,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here if you do not have a Facebook account